Friday, December 19, 2008

Current book theme: transplanted persons

I'm on a streak (accidental) of reading books that happen to be about transplanted people. When I first thought about this, I thought of the "displaced" people in my books. But that would probably be true only for a couple of the books, or maybe some of the characters in the books. So I decided "transplanted" was a better description--some of these characters relocated at their own initiative, some were forced to by circumstances, or for some other motivation in the spectrum between these two extremes. Anyway, I am on the fifth book, after which I don't think I have any books (or really am looking to purposefully read any) which would fit this theme. But five books is a decent number to do a comparison, which I just might attempt in a longer post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment